10 Best new films seen in 2014
- Damp Access (Maximilian Le Cain)
- Mutual Admiration Society (Rouzbeh Rashidi & James Devereaux)
- Welcome To New York (Abel Ferrara)
- Rearrangement Trilogy: Hypothesis, Conditions, Poetics (Rouzbeh Rashidi)
- Under The Skin (Jonathan Glazer)
- The Wolf of Wall Street (Martin Scorsese)
- Investigating the Murder Case of Ms. X/Y (Rouzbeh Rashidi)
- Jauja (Lisandro Alonso)
- Jealousy (Philippe Garrel)
- Maps to the Stars (David Cronenberg)
-- Jean-Luc Godard’s “Adieu au langage” (watched in 2D) shares a top slot.
There (James Fotopoulos)
Bastards (Claire Denis)
Norte, The End of History (Lav Diaz)
Best Short film:
Night Regulation (Maximilian Le Cain)
The Nest (David Cronenberg)
Pitpony (Jason Marsh)
Murder (Michael Higgins)
- Calvary (John Michael McDonagh)
- Nymphomaniac (Lars Von Trier)
- The Double (Richard Ayoade)
- Frank (Lenny Abrahamson)
- Boyhood (Richard Linklater)
- The Grand Budapest Hotel (Wes Anderson)
- Two Days, One Night (Jean-Pierre & Luc Dardenne)
- The Dance of Reality (Alejandro Jodorowsky)
- Magic in the Moonlight (Woody Allen)
- Only Lovers Left Alive (Jim Jarmusch)
Best TV Series
- Boardwalk Empire
- Trailer Park Boys (Season 8)
- True Detective
- Bahar Samadi & Navid Salajegheh: “Non-Pacific Coexistence of Numbers and Dates” @ The Guesthouse, Cork, Nov 30th.
- Karen Power & Maximilian Le Cain: “Gorging Limpet” @ TDC, Cork, May 30th.
- Susan Stenger’s flute piece, a Solo from “Concert for Piano and Orchestra” (1957-58, John Cage), Schizo-Culture Event, Space Gallery, London, Dec 13th.
- “Clarence Darrow”, performed by Kevin Spacey @ The Old Vic, London.
- EFS Iranian Programme, Cork Film Festival, curated by Max Le Cain, 8th & 9th Nov.
- “A Weekend of Schizo Culture at Space Gallery”, (12th-14th Dec) London, Curated by Katherine Waugh.
- “Devoted Songs: The Films of Nathaniel Dorsky”, curated by Lumiere Magazine/Esperanza Collado, Experimental Film Club, IFI, Dublin, April 22nd.
- The shooting of Rouzbeh Rashidi's “Ten Years in the Sun”/Max Le Cain’s “Cloud of Skin” back-to-back @ Bray Head hotel. A grotesquerie of illness and a carnival of madness.
“Last Phase”, video/sound installation by Atoosa Pour Hosseini, as part of “Recollections” research project, NCAD, June.
“Rock or Bust” (AC/DC)